incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 22:45:25 GMT

On Oct 9, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti <> wrote:

> On 09/10/2012 Dave Fisher wrote:
>> On Oct 9, 2012, at 12:18 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" wrote:
>>> Offering to remove the files is bizarre.  What is that, slash-dot bait? ...
>> What gets me is the attitude of Rob as a representative of IBM.
> Rob already clarified that removing the files would be a theoretical, extreme measure
for those concerned with having those files in the same repository as the OpenOffice source
code: they would be moved into an external repository and integrated from there (which is
not desirable at all, but they would continue to be integrated into OpenOffice as it happens

All that is being asked is that the IP clearance be completed. That way any contributor will
feel safe.
> But, as discussed months ago (with no particular opposition if I remember correctly),
files that are on a separate branch and are not release relevant will need appropriate headers
only when they are merged into trunk. The README for the Symphony branch already explains
the licenses well enough to be sure that people won't misunderstand:

When files that contain the copyright are moved into use then someone from IBM should change
the header. The project NOTICE should then indicate that portions are copyright IBM., just
like Oracle. It does not look too difficult to script...

> By the way, the IPMC so far didn't raise any questions about these files or anything
else in reply to the proposed resolution:

No replies at all last I checked.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

View raw message