incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 05:26:10 GMT
Hi,

excuse my top posting but I think we can relax a little bit. The situation now is clear enough
and the code will be changed accordingly when we use it and merge parts of it in our main
trunk.
I can understand you Rob and I am also  a little bit peeved about it but we can't really change
it and have to accept what people are saying.
Dennis and Dave who both do not really work on product relevant code don't have to work on
this code as well. For all others you have explained how it is possible even now. Let us move
forward and don't waste energy in a fruitless discussion with nitpicking.

Juergen

Am Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2012 um 00:45 schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> > > What gets me is the attitude of Rob as a representative of IBM.
> > >

> > Rob already clarified that removing the files would be a theoretical, extreme measure
for those concerned with having those files in the same repository as the OpenOffice source
code: they would be moved into an external repository and integrated from there (which is
not desirable at all, but they would continue to be integrated into OpenOffice as it happens
now).

> All that is being asked is that the IP clearance be completed. That way any contributor
will feel safe.

> > But, as discussed months ago (with no particular opposition if I remember correctly),
files that are on a separate branch and are not release relevant will need appropriate headers
only when they are merged into trunk. The README for the Symphony branch already explains
the licenses well enough to be sure that people won't misunderstand:
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/symphony/trunk/README?revision=1351160&view=markup
> >

> When files that contain the copyright are moved into use then someone from IBM should
change the header. The project NOTICE should then indicate that portions are copyright IBM.,
just like Oracle. It does not look too difficult to script...

else in reply to the proposed resolution: http://s.apache.org/oW