incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need new logo for openoffice.apache.org
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 09:21:43 GMT
KG04 - see comments inline.

On Oct 24, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:

> On 10/24/12, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Kevin Grignon
>> <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> <javascript:;>

Should
>>> we

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg

>>> perfectly
>>> available,

>>> There
>>> than
>>> reflects

>>> designs shortly. On training this week, just need some time at home
>>> office
>>> :)
>>>

>> I've put up a graphical text first proposal on the wiki to explore the
>> concept of a purely Graphical logo that doesn't use a particular font.
>> This would avoid secondary licensing issues that could go with using a
>> Typeface from a Forge.  The graphic was created in Inkscape from scratch
>
> Is ther any licensing issue using a Open license font? Was there any
> license issue in the past to use a closed source license, if so where
> is this clearance? Is there an advantage of having our own proprietary
> font (developed in-house).
>
>> just using inkscape drawing tools with out recourse to using fonts even as
>> a guide.
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations
>
> Do they need to reflect the same attitudes as the one shown on the wiki?
> global
> open
> transparent
> accessible
> clean
> strong...?

KG04 - Hopefully. We need a unified voice. These attributes represent criteria for success.

> Do we want to be more web-enabled, cloud, feather, social? (this from
> other conversations about making OO more social)

KG04 - when we are actually social and in the cloud. Then yes.

KG04 - Re: feather, I will post a mockup as an example.

> Finally is there a template of proposals like:
> - font
> - visual element
> - logo
> - symbol
> - Application logo
> - Module logo (writer, calc, impress...)
> - Mime-logo (odt, ods, odp, odg..)
> - Design guidelines

KG01 - when I post my design explorations, I will create a template. These items are part
of the graphic inventory.