incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][WWW] style and content changes to home page
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 06:46:35 GMT

On Oct 9, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Please have a look when you get a moment at the test area for home pages in:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/test/
>
> I have moved what were basically permanent items on our social networking
> areas and blog to the
> "I want to stay in touch..." area. Also, I edited the styling giving ~66%
> to the main menu items and ~33% to the "campaign" items to deal with
> annoyances on both browser and mobile devices.
>
> I am  invoking *lazy consensus* on these changes and put this in place
> sometime on Sat, PDT -- say 15:30, unless there are objections.
>
> as a short ps. I did discover, after some investigation into the actual
> html for our generated web site, that we do indeed already have ssi enabled
> for ALL ".html" files for our entire site.

I told you that was the case more than once, but I guess you had to figure it out yourself.

> So, if that helps anyone in any
> way. I am already investigating and testing this to deal with the ongoing
> "news" area.
>
> Set up file extensions for your includes with some other than ".html" -- I
> used ".ssi" -- and away you go!

Or, modify the behavior of ooo-site/trunk/lib/path.pm to do a transformation of xml or mdtext
into a ssi.

There is more to learn about it. You can ask about it directly or find my emails in the archives.

Regards,
Dave