incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] IDE, comment translation, debugging, documentation and other development issues
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:58:05 GMT
On 30/10/2012 Joost Andrae wrote:
>> [Damjan]
>> Many comments are in German. Are translations to English welcome or
>> should we leave them as is?
> German comments are present within code that hasn't been touched for a
> long time.

OK, but if a developer bumps into German comments while investigating
code, it doesn't harm to check in a translation to English. Most of our
more experienced developers know German and English, so it won't be
problematic to find someone who can ensure that the translation is correct.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that a systematic translation of German
comments makes sense, since there are modules that are or will soon be
deprecated; it probably makes more sense to translate when needed.

Regards,
   Andrea.