incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: extensions and translations.
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:39:23 GMT
Am 10/27/2012 01:17 AM, schrieb jan iversen:
> I see, I have to get used to this license issues (a long time ago I
> believed open source was just open source, then I joined an apache project).
>
> never mind.
>
> Would it be to our advantage if we offered third party developers (that is
> how I see extension developers) the possibility to register a language file
> and get it translated as part of the language packs ?

Of course it would be to our advantage; or let's say for the project and
software. A lot of extensions would be available in many languages.

However, I don't know where we should draw the line to set a limit. When
we select here and there some extensions, then the other developers will
ask why not their extensions.

And IMHO it's not possible to translate all strings for all extensions.

But maybe others here have a great idea?

> Or should we just say extension developers does not concern us (and help
> AOO get more used) so we just look the other way ?
>
> Maybe the right way is somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, maybe. ;-)

Marcus

> On 27 October 2012 00:58, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>
>> Am 10/27/2012 12:36 AM, schrieb jan iversen:
>>
>>   While doing an update to the l10n workflow I think I found a slight
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> Extensions offers the capability to integrate/extend our UI.
>>>
>>> Assuming somebody writes an extension, and publishes it on
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**extensions/<http://www.openoffice.org/extensions/>how
does that get integrated into the