incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Apache Asia Roadshow 2012 - Dec 13th Beijing
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:30:14 GMT
@All: Given the fact that we're constantly cross-posting: is there any
preference to limit the discussion to one of the list or shall we
continue like that?

Hi Simon,

comments below:

On 10/31/2012 7:16 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> Peter,
>    Please see my comments below:
>
> 2012/10/31 Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org <mailto:peter.junge@gmx.org>>
>
>     Hi Simon,
>

>     On 10/30/2012 11:25 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>
>         Peter,
>             Please see my comments below:
>
>         2012/10/29 Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org
>         <mailto:peter.junge@gmx.org>>
>
>             Hi Simon,
>

>             On 10/26/2012 9:48 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>
>                 Don & Peter,
>                      I think it is a very good opportunity to promote
>                 Apache OpenOffice in
>                 China marketing through Apache Asia Roadshow 2012. And
>                 from another side,
>                 the wide influence of OpenOffice can also help to
>                 promote Apache.
>                      I'd like to work with Peter together on it. The
>                 target can be not only
>                 attract individual volunteers to participate the
>                 community, but also
>                 demonstrate the business opportunities and attract local
>                 business
>                 partners.
>                      While first of all, I'd like to know more details
>                 about this event.
>                 Perhaps Jimmy is the right contact?
>

>             Agree with you!
>             Per check with Jimmy, we need to give a outline draft now.
>

>     I will work on it in the evening, when I'm home from work. Do you
>     know --e.g. from Jimmy-- if the outline needs to meet certain
>     requirements?
>

> Per my check with Jimmy, for now there is no certain requirements since
> it is at a very early stage. We can just list the proposed
> topics/agenda, with speakers and time needed.
> For now, we should prepare for an 1 hour session, and when the overall
> Roadshow agenda finalized, we will know if we can get more time...
> So maybe 20 minutes for each of the 3 topics below? Not able to touch
> too much details, just brief message for promotion...

I have changed the times a bit, coming up with an asymmetric proposal,
e.g. I think I can do my part in 15 minutes hence others have more time.
So, here's my outline for my talk but also a proposal for the whole session:

<<< ------------------------------------------------- >>>
Apache OpenOffice session at the Apache Asia Roadshow 2012

The below outline was drafted under the assumption that this seesion may
take up to 60 minutes (more time is always welcome).

1. Part: The history and status quo of OpenOffice
Speaker: Peter Junge
Time: 15 Minutes
Brief outline:
+ History before Apache
   ++ From StarOffice to OpenOffice.org to Apache OpenOffice
+ OpenOffice at Apache
   ++ New Challeges, e.g. License and different community vision
   ++ Organizational status quo of the project, promotion from incubator
to TLP

2. Part: What's happening around AOO in Beijing
Speakers: Staff from IBM and CS2C give short talks about their projects
Time: 25 minutes (NOTE: I see two ways to fill this part, either one
senior of both IBM and CS2C gives a summary or 4 Lightning talks.
Assuming that the audience we can expect is not too used to lightning
talks, I would propose the former.)
Possible Topics:
+ UOF support in AOO
+ Fidelity improvements
+ Quality improvements
+ OpenOffice business in China
+ <add more here>

3. Part: Apache OpenOffice and the cloud
Speakers: Liu Shenfeng (aka Simon) and Da Li (maybe CS2C can also
contribute)
Time: 20 minutes
Possible topics:
+ Social Integration with AOO