incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] BoF session on AOO community
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:00:13 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
>> Apache has a hierarchy of roles (contributor, committer, PMC)
>> but no real leaders (except the PMC chair)

Technically, the PMC Chair is not a leader and his vote counts exactly
as the one of any other PMC member. He merely has the burden to take
care of a number of post-graduation steps, which I completed during the
weekend (except those now being handled by Infra)
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation
and to act as a liaison officer between PMC and Apache Board.

> I don't think we want to encourage anyone to think of making a career as
> a professional OpenOffice community manager or anything like that.

Yes, but there are events that we as a project cannot (or at least
shouldn't) miss. I tend to agree with Peter's interpretation of this:
allow local (for a certain definition of "local": same country,
continent...) volunteers to occasionally participate in events or talks
to promote Apache OpenOffice there.

Regards,
   Andrea.