incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: volunteering
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 22:13:05 GMT
On 10/27/2012 02:00 PM, Prabha Chidambaran wrote:
> Hello Apache: My name is Prabha Chidambaran and I live in New Jersey.
> I am an aspiring technical writer and would love to get involved in
> writing documentation and help guides for your website. I have a
> Master's degree from Rutgers University and I have some background in
> journalism. I am very comfortable with MS Office and familiar with MS
> Access. I'd be thrilled if I could help you all in the writing parts.
>
> Thank you so much,
> Prabha

Hello Prabha --

We can certainly use your skills as a technical writer in the project.

There are basically two forms of documentation that we maintain/support
-- volunteer material on the Documentation area of the wiki, and an
ongoing effort for more formal User Guides, currently carried on by the
ODFAuthors group.

More information on these approaches and how you can get started is
available on the Documentation area of the wiki (see especially the "How
to Contriubte" link to the right side of the following page):

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

Thank you for contacting Apache OpenOffice.

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein