incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Initiate a Contest for Branding of 4.0
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 11:16:01 GMT
On 26/10/2012 Ian Lynch wrote:
> I arranged one for the OOo schools mascot ... The winner was
> clear-cut. A 16 year old Italian boy who aspired to be a graphic designer.

Here he is (by chance, he's called Andrea too):
http://www.openoffice.org/editorial/interview_andrea_maggioni.html (EN)
http://www.openoffice.org/it/stampa/comunicati/avv12.html (IT)
A quick web search shows that in the end he managed to become a graphic
designer indeed!

The mascot is at the end of
http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/education/schools/
but it didn't have that much recognition in the end.

Indeed, as Ian pointed out, the main value of that competition was in
getting media exposure; while in this (OpenOffice 4.0 visual identity)
competition we will probably want both media exposure and a professional
outcome, so a clear RFP (Request for proposal) as Graham proposes will
help and it is an excellent first step.

Regards,
   Andrea.