incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] "difficulty" field for Bugzilla
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 08:41:21 GMT
jan iversen wrote:
> The process should be:
> - someone reports and describes a bug
> - someone technically qualified confirms the bug, put a comment in on where
> the bug probably sits and gives it a level.
> Or is that too much ??

It is more complex than that, because we have dozens of people who are
able to confirm and triage a bug (e.g., OpenOffice crashes on an Impress
presentation; they can verify that it happens under multiple operating
systems, detect whether this is a regression with respect to a previous
stable version, produce a minimal presentation exhibiting the crash) but
are not able to estimate where the code should be changed and what the
impact of the fix is.

So, the difficulty flag is a welcome addition, but we should probably
restrict access to it (if not by system privileges, at least by internal
policy), much like it happens for the "Release blocker" field.

Regards,
   Andrea.