incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: extensions and translations.
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:58:50 GMT
Am 10/27/2012 12:36 AM, schrieb jan iversen:
> While doing an update to the l10n workflow I think I found a slight problem.
>
> Extensions offers the capability to integrate/extend our UI.
>
> Assuming somebody writes an extension, and publishes it on
> http://www.openoffice.org/extensions/ how does that get integrated into the
> translation process ?

Simply, not at all.

> As far as I can see the sources are not integrated into our "build --all
> --with-lang".

Right.

> If I am right that they are not part of the general translation, then is
> that per design so or should it be different ?

Yes, this is by design.

Extensions are offered to extent your AOO install at any point of time.
These are developed by people that do not have to belong to our project
(when we put aside some exceptions). They can act independently. And
therefore they are allowed to (or have to ;-) ) do all on their own;
incl. translation.

That applies for all extensions and templates available on:

- http://extensions.services.openoffice.org
- http://templates.services.openoffice.org

> I might be following a wrong track here, but please forgive me for trying
> to make the l10n process as complete as I can.

Don't panic. That's a great goal and everybody is thankful to you for
doing this task.

Marcus