incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject [RELEASE] Releasing new languages for 3.4.1
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 07:07:07 GMT
It is now clear that, thanks to new volunteers now coordinating on
ooo-l10n, we will soon be in a position to add 3-5 new languages to
Apache OpenOffice.

It is also clear that at the moment we have no demand for a 3.4.2 with
critical bugfixes because... well, 3.4.1 does not have critical bugs.
And releasing 3.4.2 only to add new languages seems definitely overkill:
80% of the work would be wasted, we would need a new vote and so on.

So, what's the best way to get those new languages released?

Would a checkout of the 3.4.1 tag, where we replace the language files
for those 3-5 languages and then build, work as an interim solution? I
honestly don't like it very much (it's of course better than committing
to a tag, but still not clean), but it would probably allow to skip the
release process and voting, since we would merely be adding 3-5 binary
artifacts (built for different platforms).

Any better solutions? Wait for the moment when a 3.4.2 is needed?
Picking some bugfixes and forcing a 3.4.2 soon?

Regards,
   Andrea.