incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <>
Subject Re: Apache Asia Roadshow 2012 - Dec 13th Beijing
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 01:04:16 GMT
Hi Don,

thanks for the notice. Unfortunately, the Apache Asia Roadshow 2012
seem to lack of promoting the event. I only heard about it by
coincidence a couple of days ago.

(more inline)

On 10/25/2012 9:47 PM, Donald Harbison wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Justin Erenkrantz <>wrote:

>>> we plan the main topic around cloud computing: open source really
>> produce a
>>> basement  to the cloud computing, like Apache Hadoop and cloudstack;
>> welcome
>>> any open source topic in or out of this area.
> The Apache OpenOffice community has a significant local representation in
> Beijing. I'm cc'ing the community
> to alert our Chinese contributors to reach out to you and explore the
> possibility of adding an Apache OpenOffice
> session to increase its visibility. We just graduated to an Apache TLP, so
> we have a solid foundation upon which
> to build with a strong global community. The Chinese community is very
> important and making a large contribution.

As I seem to be the only one in Beijing who's with OpenOffice from the
beginning, I'd like to offer a talk about the history of OOo, if that is
of interest. As the 13th is a weekday, I just have to find out if I can
take a day off my daily job.

@concom: I cannot find anything about the Apache Asia Roadshow 2012 at
Do you have a link to the Apache Asia Roadshow 2012 for me? I want to
write an event announcement at the homepage of the Beijing Linux User
Group ( We're reaching quite a few geeks.

Best regards,

View raw message