incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:20:12 GMT
On 22/10/2012 Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> On 12-10-22, at 04:49 , Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 10/21/12 11:06 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> OpenOffice its own devroom, which will be available all day Saturday (2
>>> Feb 2013).
>> We should try to find out if other Apache projects will be there as well
>> and if we can share a booth with them. now lists the accepted devrooms (to make sure
there are no misunderstandings, I sent a couple lines to the organizers
confirming that we accept the devroom) and states that they will open
the call for stands in the coming week.

It's a good idea to share the booth with other Apache projects: we can
see at ApacheCon who is going to be at FOSDEM.

There is another opportunity not to miss: we can propose a (technical)
talk about Apache OpenOffice as a Main Track Talk, see the same page.
Deadline 31 October. It would be good if Juergen, or another developer,
took the occasion to show something about OpenOffice and the challenges

> Let's focus attention on this set of tasks and carry discussions on marketing list?

Right, Louis, but we can start right after the ApacheCon; this will
still allow to have one month for the Call for Talks and another month
for finalizing the schedule before the deadline (10 January). And the
marketing list is indeed the right one.

> external to Apache, soliciting funds, if that is okay with the AOO team, for subsidizing
would-be participants' travel/lodging.

This is an unresolved issue, discussed in another thread; but actually
we will spend less than foreseen for helping participants to ApacheCon
EU, so we might allocate some money for FOSDEM; of course this doesn't
solve the problem that the current fund for events is not going to be
replenished; but there's a thread for it.

View raw message