incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache2.conf file for openoffice.org server.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:50:42 GMT

On 10/25/2012 09:07 AM, jan iversen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I got the "old" l10n, and saw that in SVN it did not use templates, then I
> went on and checked the root (AOO) and also found no use of templates...I
> did find it a bit strange but assumed there were good reasons for not using
> templates, so I went down that road.
>
> But taking your advice, I will have another look at the templates (it is
> never too late to do a good thing).
>
> Jan.

Jan, as an FYI...the OO website associates ssi with ".html", i.e. all .html.

If you follow the instructions that Rob pointed you too, AND do the
python setup -- when you run the CMS build scripts, you will see a
".htaccess" file dumped in the main content directory "content". This is
the "definition" of the ssi processing for our site. Additionally, the
build scripts convert the mdtext of the template files to html on output.

As it turns out, the .htaccess business did NOT work with my Apache
webserver setup, 2.2., so I just did kind of generic ssi config, and now
have to delete the generated ".htaccess" each time, but oh well, other
than that, I'm good.

Bottom line, it is unlikely you will get to "see" the webserver config
we actually use, but I'm sure you can cobble up something that will work.

> On 25 October 2012 17:55, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 25, 2012, at 8:04 AM, jan iversen wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your as usual very informative instructions.
>>>
>>> I did that, BUT it does not tell me which kind of SSI the apache server
>> is
>>> using, there are two different methods:
>>> 1) using .shtml (which gives a problem with index.shtml)
>>> 2) setting excute bit on pages containing SSI, this requires XBitHack set
>>> in httpd.conf (or apache2.conf on ubuntu).
>>
>> I hope you have looked into the ooo-site/trunk/templates directory where
>> you will see that the SSIs are not shtml. They are <!-- virtual calls
>> within the wrappers. I use a Mac and I did not have to anything special to
>> make this SSI work.
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly how Apache Infra enables this, you should ask on IRC
>> #asfinfra
>>

>>> that is my problem.
>>>
>>> I want to SSI for the top and bottom of each page, so I dont have a copy
>>> problem when we change e.g. mailling lists.
>>>
>>> I am by the way a long way down having a new l10n.openoffice.org ready
>> for
>>> upload.
>>
>> I hope you are not making special efforts with your own header and footer
>> separate from what is already done in the Apache CMS.
>>
>> BTW - www.openoffice.org/l10n/ is where l10n.openoffice.org will be
>> redirected.
>>
>> l10n code goes in ooo-site/tunk/content/l10n/
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> Jan.

>> apache