incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn update, simple question.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:03:22 GMT
Hi Jan,

On 25.10.2012 11:09, jan iversen wrote:
> Now I know what I did wrong, I did run configure again but not in a new
> shell (forgot the environment variables).

Good. Do you happen to know which environment variables were the problem
in this case? It would be great to have a mechanism that avoided this
source of confusion but cleaning up such environment variables. AFAIK
most of them are supposed to be unset in the script written by the
bootstrap step.

> I think the real hazzle is to understand the process, once you get the
> initial build done and understand a bit about the build/makefiles it is
> pretty clean.
>
> I worked in another project, where the build required you to open 3 shells,
> and start different commands at different stages, that was challenging
> compared to this :-)

Wow, that tops the complexity of the AOO build experience quite a bit.
For an open-source project I'm afraid we're still way too challenging,
especially since the project was disrupted in the transition from the
classic OOo build system to a gnumake based system.

Herbert