incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User list and donations
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:35:23 GMT

On 10/24/2012 12:43 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Probably he talks about the URL embedded on the UI like "get
> extensions here", and this launch some MS email client like outlook.
>
> He would need to configure his OS to use yahoo webmail.
>
> http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070217130008AAsCjy1
>
> That said, this user seems a bit unsophisticated to perform this tasks
> or tell the difference between email clients and mailing list.

It sounds like he doesn't have Yahoo mail configured as his "default"
mail client...maybe we just send him this link from Yahoo Help

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/settings/settings-10.html

I suspect this may be one of the few times he's used something that
requires an automatic open of an email window/interface.

> On 10/24/12, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/24/12 1:37 AM, Karl Glode wrote:
>>> Hi I have just updated my Apache Home Office.
>>> I have tried to contact you by clicking the appropiate button but
>>> Microsoft email site wants to open.....I never use MS email these days, i
>>> use Yahoo7.
>>> How do I make this happen that Y7 opens instead of MS
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> the mail is moderated but I have no idea what he is doing and how we can
>> help. Does anybody else have an idea?
>>
>> Juergen

MzK

  dealt with a cat."