incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QA BUG] - some regression defects were found by GUI perfromance test
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:03:16 GMT
Hi,

On 24.10.2012 07:34, Linyi Li wrote:
> I did GUI performance test of AOO trunk build. I found some
> defects[1][2][3], and two of them are regression ones[1][2].

Great finds and great bug reports, thank you!

And kudos to the wonderful automated testing framework that allows to
run such extensive tests with that thoroughness and frequency.

> I think defects[1][2] are severe which will block users‘ normal use of AOO,
> so is there anyone who can help to fix these defects?

I looked into them and updated their status:

> [1]
> Bug 121199 - [Automation][Regression]Crashed when loading 2 docx files.

The patch that caused the crashes is known and reverting it solves the
problem. But probably the patch can be updated to fix both the new and
the original issues. The developers knowing the patch best were CC'ed.

> [2]
> Bug 121200 - [Regression][Automation][Performance]Severe downgrade to save
> xls sample files.

This seems to be fixed in the current trunk revision.

> [3]
> Bug 121256 - Crash when saving ppt on Linux.

This cannot be reproduced here. If anyone sees the problem please attach
a stack trace in the issue. If possible for a build with sufficient
debug info.

Herbert