incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon EU] China: Visas to Germany
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 06:06:03 GMT
On 10/23/2012 12:39 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2012 10:40 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>>> Sorry for top post but:
>>> Are there not other Apache EU projects suffering the same effects?
>>
>> Indeed, I also considered to sending this information to the ApacheCon list but the
only Chinese names I can discover on the schedule (http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/) are
affiliated with AOO. As well, I'm also following the ApacheCon list and didn't notice the
issue there, except Chinese AOO committers asking for invitation letters.

> Do the AOO committers require invitation letters from The Apache Software Foundation,
or the com-com committee?

As far as I know yes, there have been several requests for such letters
on the ApacheCon mailing list.

> Do these letters need to be addressed to any particular insititution? Germany, China,
... ?

This needs to be checked with the German embassy or the visa agent that
I have been linking yesterday.

However, I would guess that the persons are aware of the procedures. The
problem usually is that the German embassy issues visas very slowly.
Time is the limiting factor.

Peter