incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need new logo for openoffice.apache.org
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 17:03:11 GMT

On 10/22/2012 11:59 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> On 10/22/12, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>> hmmm...well, OK. I think I remember something like this now. Should we
>>> use Alexandro's new one at:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg
>>>
>> AFAIK there was no resolution on the fonts, the discussion ended on
>> asking Michael Acevedo, but he never replied.
>
> Exactly. And this means we cannot use Alexandro's SVG since it is not a
> 100% reproduction of the bitmap by Michael Acevedo (the orb is perfectly
> done in SVG and it is the only SVG version of the orb we have available,
> since we never received one from Oracle; but the text has a slightly
> different formatting).

OK. Yes, I realized that and thought if we DID use Alexandro's version,
we should regenerate the images based on that. In any case, I will leave
what we have in place on http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/svg/.

It is not the original svg but can be used to generate additional copies.

a longer discussion topis is ensuing I see...

> We have two separate issues here:
>
> 1) Collecting and consolidating all versions of the logo we are using;
> here a 95% accuracy is not acceptable. These versions should be placed
> under http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/ or anyway under SVN.
>
> 2) Collecting proposals that can be useful as inspiration for a new
> visual identity; here it is of course acceptable to have variants of the
> "official" logos, but these should remain proposals and be placed in the
> wiki or such, possibly in pages that do not confuse a reader who types
> "OpenOffice logo" in a search engine.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

MzK