incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need new logo for openoffice.apache.org
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 06:59:42 GMT
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> On 10/22/12, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> hmmm...well, OK. I think I remember something like this now. Should we
>> use Alexandro's new one at:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg
> AFAIK there was no resolution on the fonts, the discussion ended on
> asking Michael Acevedo, but he never replied.

Exactly. And this means we cannot use Alexandro's SVG since it is not a
100% reproduction of the bitmap by Michael Acevedo (the orb is perfectly
done in SVG and it is the only SVG version of the orb we have available,
since we never received one from Oracle; but the text has a slightly
different formatting).

We have two separate issues here:

1) Collecting and consolidating all versions of the logo we are using;
here a 95% accuracy is not acceptable. These versions should be placed
under http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/ or anyway under SVN.

2) Collecting proposals that can be useful as inspiration for a new
visual identity; here it is of course acceptable to have variants of the
"official" logos, but these should remain proposals and be placed in the
wiki or such, possibly in pages that do not confuse a reader who types
"OpenOffice logo" in a search engine.

Regards,
   Andrea.