incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need new logo for openoffice.apache.org
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:18:09 GMT
On 20/10/2012 imacat wrote:
> I happen to have a 300x100 logo at hand, so I updated it.  Feel free
> to revise it if you feel my uploaded logo is ugly.

I think that this was good as a temporary solution, but that we should
delete it now, since it has different colors and we don't want
"variants" (in fonts, colors) of the chosen logo around unless they are
clearly marked as proposals.

The reference logo is
http://www.openoffice.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO-logo-hires.jpg
and apparently it was supplied as a JPG; PNG would be much better, SVG
would be totally better, but the source so far is this one and it was
contributed by Michael Acevedo. What we have in SVG and (possibly) PNG
was derived from this one.

The logo at
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/images/300x100_dj_trans.png
has different colors and different fonts so I would remove it now that
it is no longer used at http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ ; or
is it still being used somewhere?

Regards,
   Andrea.