incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO volunteers: essential skills and tasks
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:38:41 GMT
On 10/20/12 10:06 AM, jan iversen wrote:
> You are quite right, I might not be the typical volunteer, and it is very
> important to find a hook where you can start, I had the luck that juergen
> and andrea gave me a starting point.
>
> Your list is quite ok, just lets call it something neutral, like "help to
> get started".

I think part of the problem is that we have sometimes too much
information for the same things and it is not well structured. For
example the building guides, we have several pages describing how to
build AOO. Some of these pages are old and out-dated or incomplete. And
we have the new guide which is not the first hit when you search for it
(at least I find always the old ones first). I think cleanup of the
available info would be also of great help.

And we should make clear that asking questions is ok and wanted, it
gives not really stupid questions. We can try to use any question to
improve things, we can ask ourselves why was this question asked and why
wasn't the potentially available information not found...

Juergen