incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build fails in main/drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d.cxx
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:28:29 GMT
Answering myself:

On 19.10.2012 15:19, I wrote:
> Option (c) could be even better: removal of both the dangerous
> conversion BitmapColor::operator sal_uInt8() and the implicit
> construction of a BitmapColor from a sal_uInt8.
>
> But binfilter depends on their behind the scenes conversions and nobody
> should or would want to touch binfilter to make it compile again after
> such a change.

FWIW I just committed revision 1400130 to allow cleanups in header files
that are common to the general code base and binfilter without having to
touch binfilter.

To do this I added a define BINFILTER_COMPAT that is only active when
compiling binfilter source files. Be careful when using the define
because you need to make sure that the different code paths remain
binary compatible.

> Yet another reason to get rid of binfilter...

When we finally get rid of binfilter the macro BINFILTER_COMPAT can be
grepped and easily be eliminated again.

Herbert