incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UX]: potential new default color for application background
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:27:52 GMT
On 12/10/2012 RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/10/12 J├╝rgen Schmidt
>> For example all the grey colors are not so nice and I tried a new color
>> for the application background. I would like to propose that we change
>> the default color to a new fresh one. If our users don't like and prefer
>> the old grey one they can easy revert it via the option dialog.
>> Examples:
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background.png
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/aoo_new_defautl_background2.png
> The change is a good idea, but that blue seems a bit too strong to my eyes.

I agree that the change (setting the default to non-grey, while leaving
of course the possibility to go set the color as it is now) is a good idea.

I played a bit with the colors at
Tools->Options->OpenOffice.org->Appearance->Application background and
"Blue 9" seems easier on the eyes:
http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/aoo-background-blue9.png
but it is still not optimal and all other colors should probably be
tweaked to apply a consistent palette.

Regards,
   Andrea.