incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <>
Subject Re: Build fails in main/drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d.cxx
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:42:03 GMT
	Hi Damjan,

On 17.10.2012 20:12, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Armin Le Grand <> wrote:
>>          Hi,

> It's most definitely NOT fixed, even in revision 1399319:
> [ build CXX ] drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d
> /path/to/AOO/main/drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d.cxx: In member
> function 'sal_uInt8
> drawinglayer::texture::GeoTexSvxBitmapEx::impGetTransparence(sal_Int32&,
> sal_Int32&) const':
> /path/to/AOO/main/drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d.cxx:137:78:
> error: call of overloaded 'Color(const BitmapColor&)' is ambiguous
> /path/to/AOO/main/drawinglayer/source/texture/texture3d.cxx:137:78:
> note: candidates are:
> /path/to/AOO/main/solver/350/
> note: Color::Color(ColorData)
> /path/to/AOO/main/solver/350/
> note: Color::Color(const Color&)
> make: *** [/path/to/AOO/main/solver/350/]
> Error 1
> dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'

Sorry, but I'm normally building on Win (as I mentioned) and there the
error does not happen. I had no access to a linux box yesterday, but I
started a fresh checkout&build on linux one hour ago.

> Attached is a possible patch (texture3d.patch) which gets it to
> compile successfully but I don't want to apply it because it could be
> semantically wrong.

Patches are automatically removed on the lists, as it seems.

> Also attached is another patch (objectcontacttools.patch) for a
> problem that breaks the build later on, because
> "drawinglayer::processor2d::canvasProcessor2D" doesn't exist
> (according to grep). Simply commenting out that section of code gets
> it to compile. It seems that someone has already done similar
> commenting for Windows in the "#ifdef WIN32" just above my patch?
> Since when was AOO a Windows-only project?

I will also check this; It's not a win-only project, but when developing
it's not easy to build on all plattforms to check. This should certainly
be done for bigger changes and a branch should be used, but even then
there will be a time gap between this and the trunk integration.

> Also it was necessary to use for at least part of the build.
> Please use those buildbots and keep AOO compiling on all platforms.

Yes, these build the trunk, so they check after checkin, too.
I'm on it...

Sorry again, but these implicit conversons seem to be triggered
differently on different systems.

> Regards
> Damjan

View raw message