incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion on new l10n workflow
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:13:58 GMT
On 16.10.2012 18:22, jan iversen wrote:
> Finally I have finished describing the current process, and also combining
> all the notes on open issues I could find.
>
> Please have a look at:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/File:L10proc.pdf
>
> and
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_AOO
>
> I hope we can have a discussion on the "open issues", and then I will make
> a design document for a changed workflow.
>
> I look forward to hear your opinion, either through wiki or mail. These
> comments will be worked into the document.
Hi Jan,

Being the original author of the "Localization for developers" I find it
great that you are taking the lead in this area.

I like and support your proposals 9.2.1: rewrite localize_sl; 9.3.1:
drop .sdf file format, 9.4.1: separate UI and help; 9.5.1: turn
localize_sl into makefiles per module; 9.6.1: automatic pootle update.
Having looked into the source code and makefiles of the localization
process myself I can only wholeheartedly agree, that it needs a complete
overhaul.

I am not sure that I understand 9.7.  Is this test that all new po (or
sdf) files have a valid structure?

-Andre