incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:17:02 GMT
On 15/10/2012 J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> would it be possible to ask back to the organizers? A deadline is a
> deadline and we would like to know where we are. The organizers should
> be able to give an answer in the next days.

I've asked the organizers to inform us about their decisions. I expect
to receive news in the next days; I'll keep you informed when I do.

> In the end we are interested to collaborate with the LO community.
> I am wondering why I don't see any discussion on their mailing list

Well, here we should just accept that Apache OpenOffice has no right to
judge on other projects' decision-making process or governance. I don't
know how LibreOffice is/was taking this specific decision, but this is
not something that concerns this mailing list or Apache OpenOffice in
general (while I definitely agree with you and many others that project
collaboration should be a goal).

Regards,
   Andrea.