incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][WWW] style and content changes to home page
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 12:52:52 GMT
Am 10/10/2012 09:08 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 09/10/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/test/ ...
>> I am invoking *lazy consensus* on these changes and put this in place
>> sometime on Sat, PDT -- say 15:30, unless there are objections.
>
> It's nice indeed. I only see the "Valid XHTML" icon positioned a bit too
> high maybe... Is it wanted?
> http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png
>
> And, by the way, clicking on it reveals that there are a couple of
> markup fixes to apply, but I don't know if those are due to the CMS or
> to specific markup of the page.

Currenty it's 1 warning and 1 error. The warning comes because the
validator uses a new HTML 5 checker which is still in Beta status. IMHO
it's irrelevant.

The error is due to the "PUBLISHER" tag in the link reference (line 8).

Due to the following webpage "PUBLISHER" is no valid HTML style. However
I wouldn't change it as it seems to be used for Google index referencing:

http://www.thoughtsfromgeeks.com/resources/2793-Rel-publisher-standard-HTML-markup-or.aspx

Marcus