incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Apache OO General Questions
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 01:27:37 GMT

On 10/13/2012 07:20 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Douglas Pitonyak schrieb:
>>
>> Couple of questions:
>>
>> (Q) it was stated to me at one time that integrating changes between AOO
>> and LO would not be overly complicated (bad memory, but maybe it was Tom
>> Davis referencing the fact that Symphony was kept in sync with OOo).
>
> Such exchange is mainly a question of license. Currently form AOO to
> LO would be possible. But LO does not take changes, because (AFAIK) LO
> has not finished relicensing. From LO to AOO is currently only
> possible, of the author puts it under Apache License in addition.
>
>  Are
>> any changes integrated between AOO and LO (in either direction) at this
>> time?
>
> The patch about line caps (from Armin and me) is still waiting to be
> integrated into LO. Other parts, which I have integrated, are not
> coming from AOO or LO but from OOo time.
>
> Technically both directions are possible. But some work is necessary
> because LO removed German comments, some variable names and types
> changed, some content moved to other files and the name of the debug
> macros were changed. I'm no professional developer, so there might
> exist some tricks to make applying a patch smoother than it was for me.

There have been wide-spread changes in the LO code, and I thought that
it would be very difficult to keep things in sync. Some of those
wide-spread changes would be useful in AOO. Had not even thought of the
licensing issues (as mentioned by Pedro).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php