incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Dürr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installation patches
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:15:53 GMT
On 2012/10/10 5:03 PM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 09.10.2012 17:39, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>> From: Andre Fischer
>>> I am not sure what you mean.
>>>
>> I meant that would be nice to have a way to specify "make install"
>> that just installs the files without
>> going through intermediate installation sets.
>
> That is already done in the background. Before any archive, installer or
> packages are created AOO is setup in a temporary directory. The
> following diff prevents the temporary directory from being deleted
> before "make install: ends:
> [...]

AFAIK with using the configure option --with-package-format="installed"
this already works without having to patch the packager module.

But Pedro probably meant a make target named "install" that would copy
files from this directory into e.g. /opt/AOO-dev and maybe add a link to
its main binary into /usr/bin, right?

Herbert