incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed resolution: Establish the Apache OpenOffice Project
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:02:47 GMT
On 10/10/2012 Donald Harbison wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> The proposed resolution text follows. I expect to start a VOTE on it on
>> general@incubator as soon as there is consensus (on the same list).
>
> Andrea, I believe we have established consensus here and encourage you
> to start the VOTE on general@incubator at your earliest convenience.

Well, the consensus should be established "there" (i.e., at
general@incubator), not here at ooo-dev, and we had no replies so far
there. But considering that
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html shows that the vote
can start the day after the preliminary message I sent, I've proceeded
now and started the 72-hour vote on general@incubator.

We as Apache OpenOffice PPMC members do not have (in general) binding
votes there, so there's no need to vote. And avoiding unnecessary and
confusing votes is the reason for me not sending a copy here: you will
be able to find the message at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201210.mbox/browser
as soon as the archives are updated.

Regards,