incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Developer Room (devroom) at FOSDEM
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:03:14 GMT
On 09/10/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> And indeed this happened today: FOSDEM organizers, who received an
> application from Apache OpenOffice and one from LibreOffice, asked
> whether we can share a devroom. Of course this was already in our
> proposal, so I said it would be OK for us.

I was allowed to repost in public the complete text of their request.
Here it is. No action needed, I already confirmed we would be available.
   ---
Dear Andrea, Italo,

Each of you have submitted a devroom request, for Apache OpenOffice and
LibreOffice respectively, to FOSDEM 2013.

As you probably know, the number of rooms we have available at FOSDEM is
small in comparison to the number of (good) requests we get.

Each year, we get more requests than we have rooms available. We aim to
host a large number of diverse projects, and to foster
cross-collaboration. Hence, we are very reluctant to give a room to each
of you separately, while we also do not want to choose only one either.

So, we want to ask you whether you would consider hosting a shared devroom?

Please discuss and let us know. If possible before Saturday, as we need
to know for the final assignment.

Kind regards,
The devroom organizers

PS. On the practical side, we can host a 'neutral' devroom mailinglist
for talk submission and discussion on our server.