incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:41:28 GMT
On 09/10/2012 Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2012, at 12:18 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" wrote:
>> Offering to remove the files is bizarre.  What is that, slash-dot bait? ...
> What gets me is the attitude of Rob as a representative of IBM.

Rob already clarified that removing the files would be a theoretical,
extreme measure for those concerned with having those files in the same
repository as the OpenOffice source code: they would be moved into an
external repository and integrated from there (which is not desirable at
all, but they would continue to be integrated into OpenOffice as it
happens now).

But, as discussed months ago (with no particular opposition if I
remember correctly), files that are on a separate branch and are not
release relevant will need appropriate headers only when they are merged
into trunk. The README for the Symphony branch already explains the
licenses well enough to be sure that people won't misunderstand:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/symphony/trunk/README?revision=1351160&view=markup

By the way, the IPMC so far didn't raise any questions about these files
or anything else in reply to the proposed resolution: http://s.apache.org/oW

Regards,
   Andrea.