incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: ApacheconEU2012
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:27:48 GMT
Dear Catriona,

to reiterate the concerns that others had here before. We're not yet
understanding if you are applying for a travel subsidy (up to 600 Euro)
or a ticket discount of 100 Euro.

The latter doesn't seem be relevant for you. You may purchase a student
ticket at http://www.apachecon.eu/tickets/.

For the former (travel subsidy), please send us all information required
by the original announcement:

--- Original Announcement ---
we are pleased to announce the following funding to subsidize the travel
expenses of AOO community members attending the ApacheCon EU 2012.
For up to 10 AOO community members we are providing a travel expense
subsidy of about 300,00 EUR respectively 600,00 EUR.

You need to apply for the travel expense subsidy by sending an email to
the public mailing list <ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org> until 2012-10-12,
12:00 (Central European time, GMT+2).
The subject of this email have to be "[ACEU 2012 - travel subsidy]
<YourName>".
In the content of the email please fill the following fields:
- full name
- email address
- affiliation to the OpenOffice community (something like: "committer",
"user", "contributing X", "translator", ...)
- Apache ID (if available)
- accepted or stand-by speaker at ACEU?
- description why applying for the ticket discount and why support is needed
- job or eduation status (something like: "student", "employee",
"freeflancer", ...)
- estimated travel expense
- estimated needed accommodation - # of nights
- other available funding (something like: "corporate", "ACEU - TAC", ...)
- applying for 300,00 EUR or 600,00 EUR?

Your travel expenses must be at least 300,00 EUR resp. 600,00 EUR and
you are expecting to stay for at least two nights. If you are getting a
corporate funding or the ApacheCon EU TAC funding, your application will
not be considered.

A selection committee will decide on the applications and is aiming to
send out notifications until 2012-10-16.

If your application has been accepted you need to confirm your travel
expenses, your ACEU attendance and the lack of a corporate or TAC
funding at the ApacheCon EU 2012. Afterwards you will receive the money
via wire transfer from the ASF treasurer.
--- End Original Announcement ---

Best regards,
Peter