incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Interested to Work
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:23:40 GMT
Hi Pavan,

pawan kumar schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in working with Open Office projects and want to fix
> some bugs..or update some documentation tasks. So, please let me in
> and share any necessary information.

Welcome to the project!

If you will work on the code, you first need a build. You find
information on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO.

Depending on your experience, getting a build might be a non trivial
task. So please be patient and ask, ask, ask. It took me a whole week to
get my first build.

If you want to update documentations, you need developer snapshots to
try out what is new. Currently you get them from build bots from
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/. In addition some
community members upload their build to http://people.apache.org, search
for ~arielch and for ~jsc. Sometimes more complete builds are made.
Those are on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

The builds are marked with a revision number of the latest commit they
include.

What is your area of interest? Writer, Base, Draw, Calc, or ...?

Kind regards
Regina