incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CODE] gmake and AOO build system
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 11:27:26 GMT
On 01.10.2012 06:16, Andrew Rist wrote:
> I'll checkin the code this week - was trying to get a working env with he branch, and
was having the usual issues.

Thanks.

> Don't know how far we're taking this , but would be nice to leave the build cleaner and
more stable...

I finally got to checking out the buildsys branch and building it.
Before I describe the problems that I have I would like to ask if you
have made changes beyond adapting the license headers?

I am still trying to figure out what has been changed and why.  The
commit messages of the two larger commits (1394326 and 1394707) state
that both contain changes from CWSs ause130, ause131, gnumake4 and
sd2gbuild:

     ause130: #i117218# change .idl handling to gnu make
     ause131: #i117685# own copy target for globlmn.hrc
     gnumake4: add support for zip and jar files
     sd2gbuild: migrated module sd to gbuild
     gnumake4: #i117340#: CustomTarget: replace broken multi-repo support

Why are there two commits?

Now to my build problems (I am building on Windows 7):

1. I can not run main/bootstrap without manually sourcing the solar
environment (winenv.set.sh).

2. Build breaks in udkapi.  For some reason the udkapi/prj/build.lst has
been stripped to just building udkapi/prj.  That directory does not
contain a makefile, therefore the build breaks.   Also, udkapi/prj/d.lst
has been stripped empty.  That would mean that all IDL files in udkapi
are not accessible anymore.  I don't see how that could work.

re 1: This should be easy to fix.

re 2: This looks like a serious problem.  Without understanding the goal
of these changes, it is hard to come up with a fix.

-Andre