incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:59:26 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 10/08/2012 04:45 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>> we made good progress towards graduation and I would like to discuss the
>> next steps.

Thanks, indeed the IPMC vote should be started soon.

>> - graduation resolution already updated with PMC roster and preliminary
>> with the PMC chair

Here (pending the official tally of Chair election) we are ready to go.
The resolution already received lazy consensus in its initial form
(which only missed the PMC and Chair names), then we voted on each of
the missing items (PMC and Chair), so once the Chair election results
are official I see no need for an explicit vote on ooo-dev about the
full resolution.

>> Next steps to reach potentially the October board meeting:
>> - start IPMC vote, who will trigger this? Should it or have it be
>> triggered by the new PMC chair?
> my take on this is that anyone on the AOO PPMC can forward the existing
> resolution to general@incubator with some appropriate subject.

I can take care of this, no problem. I'll forward the current text at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Resolution+%28draft%29
to general@incubator in about 24 hours, unless someone asks that we wait
longer (but, as explained above, I think we had consensus on all the
parts of the resolution already).

Regards,
   Andrea.