incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [CHECKSUMS MAC OS] Need help to check and fix the instructions for the ASC and KEYS hashes on Mac OS
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:59:16 GMT
Am 10/08/2012 11:05 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 10/5/12 9:23 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> why so complicate? I am no gpg guru but I thought it should be enough to
>>
>> I simply collected what I've found in the Internet.
>>
>>> 1. import the official KEYS as you have described
>>> 2. gpg --verify
>>> Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-GB.dmg.asc
>>> Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-GB.dmg
>>>
>>> Result if it's ok:
>>>
>>> gpg: Signature made Mon Aug 13 15:47:11 2012 CEST using RSA key ID
>>> ABABABAB
>>> gpg: Good signature from "Juergen Schmidt<XXXt@XXX.com>"
>>> gpg:                 aka "Juergen Schmidt<YYY@YYY.com>"
>>> gpg:                 aka "Juergen Schmidt<VVV@VVV.org>"
>>>
>>> Result if it's a bad signature:
>>>
>>> gpg: Signature made Mon Aug 13 15:47:11 2012 CEST using RSA key ID
>>> ABABABAB
>>> gpg: BAD signature from "Juergen Schmidt<XXX@XXX.com>"
>>
>> Interesting, at least on Linux I've to do all the steps listed in the
>> Linux section. So, you don't have to do this on Mac OS? A simple "gpg
>> --verify KEYS" is enough to get a "Good ..." or "Bad ..." result?
>
> I am not sure if I understand you here, I verified the *.asc file with
 > the original file.

So, the question is, how? Please be as detailed possible, I've no chance
to reproduce. ;-)

> I would expect that this works on all platforms more
> or less in the same way.

OK, to make it simple. The following commands do not work on Linux:

$ wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/KEYS
$ gpg --import KEYS
$ gpg --verify install_binary.tar.gz.asc install_binary.tar.gz

Does this work on MacOS X? If not please help me to get it working.

Thanks

Marcus