incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Afrikaans Language Pack
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:18:04 GMT
Rudi Heymann wrote:
> Some years ago I installed OpenOffice with an Afrikaans language pack,
> which served my purposes excellently. Recently I upgraded OpenOffice to
> Version 3.4.1. However it seems that this is not available on an
> Afrikaans Language Pack. Could you inform me why this language pack has
> been discontinued, or is it still available?

Everything is still available in our source code, but starting with
version 3.4 the policy changed: we only release language packs when we
have a real person or team actively taking care of it.

The Afrikaans translation is in good shape, with 12K words needing
attention (i.e., untranslated or needing review). But nobody is
maintaining it at the moment.

To release OpenOffice 3.4.1 in Afrikaans, you or a small team should
update and complete the translation. The tools are very easy to use and
the only skill you will need is (obviously!) knowing Afrikaans.

Want to give it a try? Come to our localization discussion list: send an
empty e-mail to ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org to request
subscription, answer the confirmation request you will receive, then
write to ooo-l10n@incubator.apache.org stating you would like to have a
look at what must be done to get OpenOffice 3.4.1 released in Afrikaans.

Regards,
   Andrea.