incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice SVG vector graphics
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 09:54:45 GMT
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> I upload the OpenOffice SVG logo on pure SVG, still needs some cleanup
> on the nodes, but this is a 100% SVG logo.
> The attachment is on the cWiki:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg
> &
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=27834483&sortBy=date&

The orb is really nice here, a flawless vectorization of what we have.

The text appears a bit distorted, or maybe it's just my on-screen
rendering: for example, the "O" seems a bit wider and the "e" seems to
be cut on the right, at least comparing the last image at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27834483
with your version.

Font was discussed in this thread
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel/11468
and it looks like the discussion settled on Verdana despite some
comments about it being non-free; anyway it is a very common font, so it
might be possible to get it perfectly rendered to SVG too.

Regards,
   Andrea.