incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change of 'soffice' name
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:09:39 GMT

On 10/05/2012 07:38 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> <arielch@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> I've been told that a similar problem happens on Debian, and on ubuntu,
>> with the desktop-integration package
>>

> I have installed the latest greatest Debian 6.06 (released this week afaik)
> and I was surprised to find out it includes OpenOffice ".org" 3.2.1
> (OOO320M19), but in the usual Debian-way, stripped of the OO.o branding.
> (Remember, these are the folks who rename Firefox to "Iceweasel" and
> SeaMonkey to "Iceape" :-P).
>
> I wonder -since Debian still has not ditched OO.o to LO, if this wouldn´t
> be an opportunity for them to package AOO in next versions...

Perhaps so...maybe you could
(a) contact them, or...
(b) package it for them and add to their repository if you can. :)

[I don't know anything about how Debian works by the way].

Anyway, I still believe it is file linkage problems causing this
'soffice' problem as I basically unlinked this (on opensuse) and
everything worked fine. However, I have NO knowledge of what's going on
with other packagings.

> Just thinking aloud..
> FC

MzK