incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft consultants page, etc., posted
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:58:12 GMT

On 10/02/2012 11:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> The page, as generated from the XML, is here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/support/test/consultants.html
>
> Obviously this is a mix of real and fake data.

looks good so far...even with fake data

> I can enable more navigation once we get more listings.  But a flat
> listing is fine for what we have now.
>
> And here is the submission instructions page, where we state the
> requirements and conditions for being listed:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/support/test/consultant-submission.html
>
> Is it missing anything?

This is fine. It should be easy to deal with.

> I'm also playing with a simplification of the support/index.html page
> which you can find here:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/support/test/

I like this very much! Really removing all those links to the various
wiki areas is a good idea. Much cleaner!

> IMHO this is a lot cleaner and simpler and helps direct the user who
> is seeking support to our best options:  documentation, forums and
> user list.  I put the consultants and books onto their own pages.
> Might try the same with the 3rd party website listings.
>
> This is all in support/test, with robots.txt set to not index.

All good. Just put it into production whenever you feel so inclined.

> Regards,
>
> -Rob

MzK

"Just 'cause you got the monkey off your back
  doesn't mean the circus has left town."
                     -- George Carlin