incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PMC] PMC Chair Nominations
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:01:37 GMT
Andrew Rist wrote:
> I'll hold the discussions open for 72 hours (more if necessary). It
> would also be good to hear from the nominees

As for me, I accept the nomination. I must say it came as a surprise to
see the support of so many community members. This is very rewarding and
motivating for me to continue my involvement in this project.

I'm available for any further discussions.

As a basis for discussion, the role of chair is defined rather well in
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
and it mainly involves clerical tasks (such as reporting on the project
status periodically) and community facilitation (ensuring, for example,
that everyone has a chance to be heard). It is not about leadership in
its common meaning: a chair has the same privileges as any other PMC member.

Regards,
   Andrea.