incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: new snapshot base don revision r1400866
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:28:42 GMT
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 05:27:41PM +0200, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a new snapshot build is available for MacOS and Windows. Linux will be
> available later.

They are now available.

Once thing to pay attention for the next release is the increasing size:
more than 14 Gb for Linux packages only. This is going to be even more,
as more languages are added. INFRA has already complained after the
first release (can't find the message right now) about the size of our
dist/ folder, so we must think about a solution, before they complain
once the next release is uploaded.

> See
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> I have called it 3.5 snapshot but we haven't really confirmed if our
> next release will be a 3.5 or 4.0. That can be discussed and decided
> when we have finalized our plans.
>
> The snapshot is build on top of revision r1400866.
>
> I have provided full install set for all supported languages and a
> further language pack for en-US + the SDK and src release.

It seems you've built SDKs that install as normal version, not as
OOo-Dev, please check (this is the impression I get from their file
name, they gave me an error when I generated the wiki page with my
script).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile