incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: propose a new developer snapshot based on revision 1400796
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:49:11 GMT
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:38:47AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> What is the issue with snapshots that have system integration?   Do we
> never have bugs with system integration?  Shouldn't we encourage
> testing with something that is as close as possible to what we will
> release?

The issue is that they replace the current stable installation, unless
you install them in parallel, in which case it make no sense to build
with system integration at all.

Developer Snapshots where named in OpenOffice.org times only the build
that could be installed beside a current stable installation, because
they use a different name: OOo-Dev. In Linux, for example, it installs
on

/opt/ooo-dev
/opt/ooo-dev3

In OpenOffice.org times, builds with system integration where done only
for the Release Candidates (not even Alphas or Betas, IIRC).

> Ditto with fill translations:  We are currently discussing some major
> changes to the translation workflow.  Are there possible bugs that
> could be introduced and not detected if we did only language packs?

AFAIK, no. Well, the Windows localized installers for the full install
sets could not be tested with a only en-US full install set.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina