incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] MySQL SDBC Connector
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:29:45 GMT
Hi Zlotan,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 04:17:46PM +0200, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> 2012.10.12. 15:21 keltezéssel, Ariel Constenla-Haile írta:
> >On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 10:50:21PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >>Hi *,
> >>
> >>I managed to build the MySQL Connector extension and make it work on
> >>
> >>* CentOS 5.8 32 and 64 bits
> >>* Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32 and 64 bits
> >>* Fedora 15 32 bits and 17 64 bits
> >>* Windows XP 32 bits
> >>* Windows 7 64 bits (arch. does not matter on Win, AOO is a 32 bits
> >>   application)
> >>
> >>You can find the extension binaries on
> >>http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/aoo-my-sdbc/
> >>
> >>These are supposed to be "universal" builds, that is, run on every
> >>Windows version, and Linux distro (Linux base is CentOS 5 with glibc
> >>2.5). Everyone is welcome to test if they work on their systems; by
> >>"work" I mean it does not crash, I didn't fix any of the existing
> >>issues, it was just a try-to-build-it (for now).
> >I also managed to build the Report Builder:
> >http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/ReportBuilder.oxt
> It is Good news :)
> You plan to work on bug fixes in report builder?

I'm not sure yet, because studying/debugging the Java stuff may not be
that fun; on the other hand, working on the MySQL and the PostgreSQL
drivers has been really nice :) (I had to study-by-debugging the
MySQL/Connector C++, Connector C, and even parts of glibc to find out
why localhost connections didn't work on Linux).

The Report Builder, in its current state, seems to work fine on Windows,
on Linux I see mixing results, depending on the distro.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina