incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] MySQL SDBC Connector
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:46:29 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 03:31:44PM +0200, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 10/12/12 3:16 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > Hi Roberto,
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 07:52:03PM +0200, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> >> Hi Ariel, would you be interested in managing the AOO Extension page
> >> dedicated to the MySQL connector? At the present stage is unmaintained, I
> >> believe you'd be the 'natural' candidate for that.
> >
> > I finally ended up setting a new project page:
> > http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql-driver
> > It wouldn't be fair to take the current page that has these downloads numbers:
> >
> > Week: 795 | Month: 3,850 | Year: 45,050
> >
> > because, wearing my AOO-committer hat, the project
> > http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/ is not
> > affiliated with, or endorsed by, the ASF or this project in any way: any
> > one is free to take the sources from AOO repository, or even the one
> > with the fixes I've made (as I'm releasing them under the ALv2.0) and
> > seet up his/her own fork.
> >

> do you plan to upload your builds in the repo under a new page?

No, I'll keep everything (source, binaries, wiki, issues) under Google
Code, it has integration with Google Analytics, which is really nice.

> I think that would be ok and we can remove the old page and can start
> from scratch.
>
> On the new page you could make clear that it is a separate project not
> related directly to the Apache project.

It already says:

Disclaimers: Apache, Apache OpenOffice and OpenOffice.org are trademarks
of The Apache Software Foundation. MySQL is trademark of Oracle
Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

but I will add some of the lines I wrote above. And now I notice I used
MySQL in the page URL, I changed it to
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/aoo-my-sdbc

Regards
--