incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject [DISCUSS] Counter restrictions in AOO
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:24:01 GMT
For a future version of AOO, I suggest consideration of the following:

New users of OpenOffice (all flavours?) do not realise that there are built-in restrictions
on counter values.  For example: OO cannot handle paragraphs with a character count greater
than 64Kb.  Those of us who cut our teeth on binary realise the historical reasons why this
restriction exists.  Has the time come to reconsider the internal arithmetic mechanisms and
expand them?  Along with such reconsideration, should we also examine the conservative memory
allocations and maximum limits for memory usage?

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>